South Cambridgeshire Conservative Association (SCCA)
The Association is one of hundreds of similar Conservative associations throughout the UK – all are part of the Conservative Party and while relatively autonomous, we, like our counterparts, are ultimately governed by Conservative Central Headquarters (CCHQ).
Our role is to be the eyes and ears of Conservative activity in the South Cambridgeshire parliamentary constituency. We are responsible for selecting candidates to fight national (Member of Parliament) and local elections (County and District councillors) and helping them to win seats.
We join forces with the other Conservative Associations in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough when selecting candidates for whole county roles – currently the Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority and the Police and Crime Commissioner for Cambridgeshire.
The constituency has always returned a Conservative MP.
- 1983-1997 - Sir Anthony Grant
- 1997-2015 -The Rt Hon Andrew (now Lord) Lansley CBE
- 2015-2019 - Heidi Allen
Our current MP is Anthony Browne, who was elected as the South Cambridgeshire Member of Parliament on 12th December 2019 with a majority of 2,904.
We have 19 Councillors in South Cambridgeshire.
- Cambridgeshire County Council - 8
- South Cambridgeshire District Council - 11
Our team and office location
Our team is currently:
- President Donald Douglas.
- Chairman Mark Howell / email@example.com.
- Deputy Chairman, Political / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deputy Chairman, Membership / email@example.com
- Treasurer Nick Heath / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Constituency Organiser: Luigi Murton
Our office is situated in the village of Hardwick, four miles from Cambridge:
South Cambridgeshire Conservative Association
149-151 St Neots Road
01954 211 444